Wednesday, October 9, 2024

Last Train to Splitsville

These posts are related to the end of my 35 year marriage to Rita (Cooper) Cusack. I am not the first or the last guy to have his heart broken by the experience of love lost, but that does not change much when you are in the middle of this type thing.

Everything feels tentative, and there ARE many unknowns on the part of us both. One thing I know to avoid is speculation on "What if". W.I. this, W.I, that...
Let me make it through this day, and not do anything too stupid... that's good enough.

Being around Son has given me strength. Hearing the problems he has to cope with (many are huge) I think "my challenges are pretty straight forward" I just got to get down and tackle them.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE
Years later I look back at how some close to me seemed to admire the resilient way I came through the breakup. Here is the secret: (put your face closer to the display)

"Moving forward" is kind of my super power. I haven't forgotten the past, I just don't pull it along with me. The windshield is large, the rearview mirror is small. There is a reason for that. Set aside 10% of your energy to honor the past, 90% to take on the future.  

No comments:

Post a Comment