Sunday, October 26, 2014

Transferred to Cleveland...


Years ago we knew this mother with a small child and a dog (there was a husband in there somewhere too). One day we were at her house and noticed no dog. When we asked about it, she replied "He got transferred to Cleveland".

Puzzled, we asked her to explain.

"That's what we told Missey" That wasn't the cat, that was the child.
"She knows her uncle got transferred and went away, so that seemed like a good way to go with the dog"

When we asked what really happened with the dog, she explained "he was in the way, we didn't want it anymore, he went to the pound".

I realized that phrase had become part of my vernacular when me and my K9's were on a walk passing a yard and the dogs that usually go crazy when we walk by were quiet. I thought "I wonder where those dogs are today?" Then, "I guess they were transferred to Cleveland." After a few minutes the dogs sensed us and went crazy as always. Just on a break it seems.

I don't recall exactly who that person was now, but she and that family didn't play much of a roll in our social life after that. I guess you could say our interest in them got transferred to Cleveland.

No comments:

Post a Comment