Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Hauntings

I wondered if my daily sensation of haunting myself was typical or unusual. I've been in this town now, 40 years(!), and daily I work at places with which I have history. So I'm a guy that has these flashbacks 3-4 times a day. I tend to keep these to myself, but today I let one slip out on a poor unsuspecting catering salesperson.

I was called to tune a piano at The Renaissance Hotel in Greenway Plaza. The Catering contact informed me the piano would be on the 20th floor.. I said "Oh, I used to play that room in the 70's and 80's". She said "back when it was a club? I've heard about that". Apparently, they have someone that has been around THAT long and was there when I was 23.

Again this happens daily. I am fighting NOT becoming one of those guys that launches into a story every time you mention this place or that. But I'm also not promising anything in that regard in another few years.

1 comment:

  1. Oh, young fella - wait til you get to be my age! Everything reminds me of something that happened when I was younger, and though I try not to blurt it out, I generally give in to the story. The same happens with the kids;. I nearly chew on my tongue not to say,"I remember when you were............" Luckily, most people just smile politely, like their parents taught them before they opened restaurants, etc. But I like being old - as long as nothing hurts!

    ReplyDelete