Sunday, November 13, 2011

Our Minds; Also 1/3 Ourselves




Ok, so I started last week by talking about our physical bodies, calling that part of ourselves 1/3. We are not our bodies / we are to some extent our bodies.

Thoughts, prayers, attitudes, frame of mind, etc. I give equal billing with body. Equal in importance. The ancient framing of 
body = bad 
mind = good 
clearly does not wash in our own time. Although in some cultures you would have a time proving that.

We fill our minds with learning, it seems the amount there is to learn is growing faster than anyone could possibly keep up with (but don’t worry, there’s an app for that).
Education will take you far, but (as dear ol’ Dad said), it only takes you sooo far. Learning to train our minds, force ourselves out of our comfort zone (toward expansion) is THE lifelong challenge.
I have been working with a mind training system called Lumosity.com. Doing the exercises daily really lets me know where I am at any given time. I am humiliated and am triumphant all in one short session. It is very illuminating to discover new things about who I am after knowing me all these years.


No comments:

Post a Comment