Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Mr Manners

A wise person once said "deliver criticism verbally, compliments in writing".


As The Green Movement gathers more and more steam (renewable of course), I would like to propose we promote a web-based Social Green Movement of our own; one that


  • prohibits the use of name calling

  • Encourages encouragement

  • promotes speaking your mind in a way that does not diminish others

  • Insists you use spell-check
Something I enjoy in reading the newspapers online is the comments. Something I hate about the comments is the unbridled language and attitude the posters use in relating to others.

Hey folks, here's my rule of thumb for civilized posting: Pretend you are posting to a loved one.

For you folks who can't relate to that, try this: Pretend you are posting to Mike Tyson with whom you will be sharing a jail cell for the next 3 months.

3 comments:

  1. I originally had a picture of a man who calls himself Mr Mannors. Then I realized no one would get it. Decided to go with Mike. We're good right Mike?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sign me up! I am in favor of civil discourse, and try to remember my "mannors". I laugh at the thought of sharing a cell with Mike
    Tyson. I am his worst nightmare: A yakkety old woman with gazillions of stories about how things used to be! But I would be glad to role-model courtesy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I'm with you on this one! What is with all the dirty language? It just makes me think they must not be a good enough writer to express themselves without the language. I just dropped a blog because of it.

    ReplyDelete