Friday, July 3, 2009

My Personal Theology


This thought has been banging around in my head for a while now, I've been wondering when it would complete itself where I could take a good look at it. Sometimes these things take their time.

Check Spelling
It's a sort of unifying theory about God that explains all the contradictions, and oddities surrounding this timeless Superstar. Instead of going into a series of unrelated stories (as you have become accustom), I'll get right to it:


God is a job.


All this misconception about there being a supreme being or 3 supreme beings (what IS Diana Ross doing these days?) or whatever, are all right, and all wrong.


This explains the weird behavior in so much of the old scripture; God flying off the handle smiting whole races regarding multi-cultural ism, God sending an angel to beat up people, playing favorites, etc. That was just the guy who had the gig back then. I suspect he eventually reincarnated into Tony Soprano.

We've always known this, but somehow missed it.
Like when you start getting too bossy? And your friend says "who died and made you God?"


Although I have been a member of the Unitarian Church all my life, I am ready to accept the Trinity now. I see it as an improvement to turn the God gig into an intergenerational committee. Hopefully if they get a hothead in the chair, the other two can calm him/her down some.


The Pagans are probably on the right track, a whole bureaucracy of gods. This appeals because then we wouldn't have to be concerned about having one God so powerful that we couldn't afford for her to fail.


Even the Obama administration couldn't bail out that problem.

2 comments:

  1. Another potential discussion here -- As well you know, I am a Humanist, so there is another gig for god. Being YOU (whomever that may be). It is all in the language, I guess. Is it god who sends hundred-degree heat here, while Maine is flooding? I sense that it is god that makes you stay in air-conditioning! God gives you courage when your store burns down - cleverly disguised as people who love you. I agree, though, that the trinity can scare the (bleep) out of you if you need help to behave yourself. Go to youtube and watch eddie izzard vs Creationism. Shall we talk about politics now?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting, Cubil! You're on a path and it will be interesting to see where you take it.

    ReplyDelete