Thursday, July 30, 2009

My Summer Work-cation




Been away from the keyboard lately as life has me performing as a "human doing" rather than Being. Two things on my mind that are worth writing about. One is the unrest in Iran. Protesters being dealt with harshly by the rulers.


As I drove past a "click it or ticket" billboard (you know, the message being if we don't wear our seat belts the nice officer will write us a $200. citation) I thought of the people of Iran who wish to express dissatisfaction with the recent elections. They might be looking at billboards that say: "complain in vain" - years of torture and imprisonment await demonstrators". I'm sure whatever passes for ad agencies would put a cute little public service message together to help remind the masses to tow the line.




And two.




I played a little warm up for a Scientology meeting (of sorts) last weekend. It was just about 15 minutes to build up some energy, and then bang! into the program. Lady singer and I stayed behind to see what it might all be about.


Well, it turned out nothing earth-shaking, it was just a marketing ploy to get the faithful to come to Clearwater Florida to do their "work". I did learn they have a wonderful hotel to stay in, and the best processors on the planet. A long-time friend of mine is there now, he's one of those processors.


Friend and I have always largely agreed on many things, although currently we don't agree on politics. I meant the bigger things: life, the universe and everything. We have trod different paths, but have nonetheless arrived at many of the same conclusions.


FYI, I am not interested in Scientology, I have read a great deal of third-party information that offers a different story from the "church" presentation. I would never give over my judgement to someone else, no matter how much they claimed to be on my side.


The organizations that have done the greatest damage are the same ones that believe they are "saving" the world. No thanks.

1 comment:

  1. You know me Cubil, enough to know I have no religion in me, but...AMEN!!

    ReplyDelete