Sunday, May 31, 2009

Obama Survey



"Did you get your Obama Survey yet?" I was asked. She was holding an envelope that had come in the mail marked "Obama Agenda Survey".

"My what?" I replied.

She went right into it: "Every American has to fill one of these out or pay a $5,000. fine."

I asked "what's in it?"

"They want to know what all you have so that when they're ready for it, they can come take it."

"We must be on different mailing lists" was my only explanation. If I thought I could get away with it I would have said I was on the list of people they would give your stuff TO. But this lady (mentally) lives out where the buses don't run so I didn't antagonize her.


My wonder though is ??? Are there people really saying things like this in the Republican party? Or is this just what she took away from what she thought she heard?
I don't watch Fox news or listen to the radio nut jobs anymore, they make me embarrassed for all involved. The Right Wing "Pundits" get to distort anything, anyway they like because they are expressing their opinion. I'm all for that, but shouldn't there be a disclaimer somewhere that reminds the audience of that? I get the feeling many think they are listening to a newscast.

1 comment:

  1. I correspond with acquaintances - I won't say friends - who spew this kind of stuff. They imply that every cent of the bailouts takes food from the mouths of their children! Puh-leeze! They need to read some history of Roosevelt and the WPA. I could go on and on - but I won't. (You're welcome! ;-))

    ReplyDelete