Monday, June 22, 2009

TV Nowhere


Is there anybody out there?


I don't know how it is at your house, but at mine we are not watching much television since the "digital changeover". It's not that I'm too cheap to buy the converter (I am too cheap to buy a digital TV), I paid good money (well the gob'ment did) for a converter box which proudly sits upstairs on the bedroom set. I currently gets channel 2, 2a, and 12 channels of foreign programing. And that's it.


Oh, I also did my part for the economy by buying a gadget that plugs into my laptop to make it receive broadcast TV. So now downstairs I can watch 9 different religious networks and a infomercial channel. Does upstairs and downstairs exist in different dimensions?


We switched to seeing our programs on DVDs from Netflix about a year ago, and like it just fine. Although I am missing those quality news programs *

And our beloved channel 8 (PBS) It was sort of like cable.

I've always been fascinated by the concept of "pay TV". To me it rings like "Blueberry Milk". I've never paid to have the boob-toob shine in my home, never seriously considered it. I do look when staying in a hotel, why not? Now and then something shows up that is not bad to pretty good.

AND the hotel is paying...


*bring up laugh track here

3 comments:

  1. Then you haven't seen the ad for Dos XX that shows the most interesting man in the world? That's OK, because I always thought it was you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow I know about that. There is much a-twitter about that guy. He's everywhere!

    ReplyDelete