Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Smashup... on the Highway

The special cell phone ring I have for Rita sounds a bit like a 60's sit-com theme song. Why? beats me, it's just what I picked so I know when she's calling.

It's playing now, about 10 seconds after the van and trailer have been smashed to a halt into the concrete barrier on hwy 249. I knew I was ok, despite bumping my head on the roof and the mess 5 cars and an 18 wheeler make when there is major smash-up.

I opened the phone and explained the situation. "Should I come over?" "Yes" I replied, "I haven't gotten out of the van yet, but we may be able to tow the trailer away." The highway was shutdown about an hour, so it took a while for her to make it through. The vehicals involved were totaled (except the big truck) - the people involved were ok, except the woman driving the Mini van (the bowling ball to our bowling pins). She was taken away in an ambulance. 'Don't know who she was or what caused her to completely lose control, but I'm hoping she's alright.
I admit I had the urge to gripe, but suppressed it. Any wreck you walk away from is a good wreck, no?

But here's the real deal:

You never know what life has in store for you, do you? Like the man sez: "Tomorrow is not promised to anyone, so you better make something you do today a good memory for someone.

2 comments:

  1. Oh Bil ... I'm lighting a candle right now, in gratitude that you're safe.

    But really ... get checked out.

    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you are ok...you're right, there is nothing promised for tomorrow-enjoy and make the most of today.

    Thinking of you!
    ~K

    ReplyDelete