Sunday, August 16, 2009

Where Were You When?

In case you have not heard, this summer a couple of cool moments had a birthday.

1. First guys walked on the moon
2. Woodstock Music and Mud Festival

There may have been more, but if my local media outlet has done their job, they weren't important.
So let's play a game: I'll throw a few ideas out there, but feel free to pick your own Magic Historical Moment. Many of these moments revolve around somebody getting shot, but d0n't narrow it to just that. ANYTHING you feel was important to the history of history, give us your age, and what you were doing when you heard about it.

Here's an early one for me: I was 7 y.o. when John Glenn took America's first ride into space. I remember being disappointed because he did it one day shy of my birthday. Damn them all!

One more quick one: I was in the pool 23 y.o. recovering from a hernia operation when my next door neighbor told me Elvis was dead. My reaction was disbelief. He knew Elvis is my real daddy.

4 comments:

  1. Again I've ignited the masses...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do you remember??? That is a dangerous question to ask a really old lady! I am just glad I have so many events that I still remember - and such wonderful kids like you to remind me that I have been spectator to miracles! (Oh, sorry about John Glenn and your birthday!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lets see, I have to use a person being shot one - my 10th birthday - JFK.

    I was walking on the treadmill before work one morning when my husband, who was in NYC at the time, called to say he was okay, but he was walking up 5th Avenue, leaving his hotel and things behind. It was September 11, 2001.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, Nancy. Those are days we will always remember. Sorry about your birthday, though. That event ruined many a Thanksgiving that year, as well!

    ReplyDelete